Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feeling BLUE

And painting it. Blue is a very happy color for me, so all's good here. Our little BabyDuckling went and hid under her wing for an hour and I jumped at the opportunity to make something out of the mess (read paints and canvas) that's been inhabiting the dining table for a while.

Didn't have the time to do any detailed work with brushes so just dabbed paint straight on to the canvas and played with it with my fingers. What fun!
Now if only I could figure out how to post pictures of them here....



Aah...it works! This was the first piece I made. Doesn't have anything but paint on it but still has a look of texture to it. I used my fingers and my nails and a piece of torn-off card from a chalk carton to drag the paint around. Then these two followed. I had the underpainting already done on all three, but still, not bad for less than 60 minutes of work!



No comments: