Thursday, April 17, 2008

Coming home

Well, Houston was good, but it's also good to be back. The little HoneyB was amazingly good in the flight, not to mention an instant hit with the crew. She cried when she saw DaddyBoy, though, almost as though she was accusing him of being away. Of course, it was the other way around but she didn't know that!

I have so much catching up to do I don't know where to start. The Pelham Art Show opens on May 8. I still have nothing ready, which, when I think about it is nothing unusual. No need for the panic button yet.

Yeah, right. But no, I'll get stuff done. I mean, I have to, right? I'm signed up for the show. I can't cancel now, can I? Can I? OK. I need to stop being a human yo yo. Work things out. Attachment parenting, cloth diapering, elimination communication (or attempts at) notwithstanding. I can do it!

Here's a simple diptych that was fun to make. My hand went inescapably to the blue first. Orange seemed to be the logical choice after that, and then green followed. Just free brush strokes without any premeditation. I thought I'd put in some black ink so I added the fine lines. Oh, and those little green splotches? An accident, but a happy one, I think!

I called it Fly.

No comments: