Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Attention all butterflies (or one) - listen up!

What a busy, busy week. If I only had to make sure the house was always clean, the dishes always done, the meals always cooked, Daddyboy's favorite homemade banana bread always in the fridge, my blog always up to date, my paintings always being worked on, my experiments with PhotoShop always in a state of progress, my writing always making it to the computer instead of fermenting in my head, all my social obligations always fulfilled, all my emails always answered promptly, and a half dozen other mundane things - oh, life would be easy.

Throw a little butterfly into the mix - one who is just finding her wings - and things go straight from hunkydory to haywire.

So today I took the little Bug aside and I told her, and this is what I said:

Dear Fragile Little Precious Butterfly,
Sometimes you make me want to tear my hair out, but I love you.
No matter how many times I have to extricate you from under furniture, or disentangle you from the Cluthes of the Evil Cords, or protect you from KittyCake (or, more often, the other way around), or make sure you stay away from stairs and sharp corners and things you can reach that may hurt you, I love you.
No matter how little I sleep, how many meals I miss, how many times I go back and forth, up and down, in and out, trying to get everything done, I love you.
Because you come first.
Because I knew when you came that you would always come first.
Well you do, and you always will.
Nothing, nothing is more important.
Remember that.
Now go forth with courage and despatch, and let Mommy type.
xxx

No comments: