Thursday, June 19, 2008

Spicy news

No not really!

OK, first of all, I'm not antisocial, I'm just shy! Seriously. For example, there are still not five people out there who know about this blog. Very pathetic. But I digress.

So I was invited to a spice party, and not only that - I went! It was just next door, so I figured the commute would be very time-effective, plus it was about spices. I mean, come on. I'm writing a column in my head called The Spice Rack (yes, I should be sending samples out to editors...sigh), so this seemed like an interesting thing to go to. And it was. The presenter brought out a bag full of aromatic stuff and passed around so many jars of it that my mental list of what I'd like to buy kept getting longer and longer and longer...and collapsed.

At the end of it all though, I managed to order four different seasonings and they were Cuban, Moroccan, Jamaican and ...hmm...what was that fourth one? I couldn't get around to looking at the catalog again after I'd ordered and now I don't know what all is being shipped to me. It's gonna be a nice surprise!

No comments: