Monday, September 22, 2008

Styling

I have some new work (well, not really new-new, but newer, and in any case not uploaded on Etsy yet) waiting in the wings that I need to catalog and display. I am trying to style it when I photograph it so that I have a good presentation - something I learnt on Etsy. Sellers there are taking pictures of their work in innovative settings, with some really unique results.

I don't know if I can do a good job at this but I'm trying. My camera does not take very good close-ups - and it's hard for me to style my work in the preferred daylight hours coz the ChunkyMonkey is always between my feet. I took a lot of pictures anyway, with her tugging at my legs in curiosity during the whole thing.

Needless to say, most of them had to be consigned to the trash button.

Here's one with the angle all wrong - the art is at the back instead of being center-stage - but at least the thing is in focus, which more than I can say for most of them!



On second thought, it really isn't in focus at all.

Man.

No comments: