Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When Nature takes over

Sometimes, when a natural calamity occurs, you can only sit back and wonder at it's power and fury. In recent years, again and again we have been reminded of who's boss, somthing so easy to lose sight of. It's so easy to say, "That could never happen to me." But how can you ever know?

I kept thinking of all the people affected by Hurricane Ike. No electricity, no food, no HOMES. Thank God my brother and his family were unharmed in their Houston home, but all that wreckage in Galveston only reminded me how close they were to disaster.

For me, it was another reason to be grateful for what I have and to share as much as I can of it. Especially since we are in the middle of Ramadan, a month of thankfulness, contemplation, compassion and charity.

Who knows what lies around the corner?

No comments: