Friday, October 31, 2008

What Remains Of The Day

Does that sound irreverent? I hope Kazuo Ishiguro won't mind my stealing (somewhat) the title of his lovely book. Actually I really liked the movie too, a rare occurrence if I have read and enjoyed the book. In fact I will usually avoid watching the screen version of a book I really liked, but who can pass up Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson enacting an Ishiguro story?

But I totally digress.

DaddyBoy very kindly went to rock the Baby Chipmunk to sleep, and dozed off himself, thus completely dashing my plan to watch Clint Eastwood's classic A Fistful of Dollars with him. Too tired to think up plan B, I ended up at my computer. And checked my email. And found this.

It's past 11 p.m., but who cares what remains of the day; it's ending wonderfully!

No comments: