Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh, this and that...

So I'm back from India, the land of extreme impossible-ness. I swear I don't know how that country ticks, but wow, does it ever!

BubbleToes had a blast, that's for sure, what with all the aunties and uncles and cousins and nieces and nephews fawning over her. I was so glad to see my parents again, and all my incredibly talented relatives, especially all my young cousins who continue to amaze me with their accomplishments. More power to them!

So we came back, and DaddyBoy had a tape of Slumdog Millionaire ready for us to watch. I'm not sure why, but there it was. I ended up watching it alone, and in the end I had only one thought - "Ugh!". This movie won at the Oscars??? If you don't count the one scene that still gives me nightmares, it's still a mishmash of Bollywood cliches not worth the truckload of accolades it got, with noise for music, and strange camera work, but that's just my opinion. I mean if you watched it and liked it, great.

And then we watched Twilight, and I didn't like that either. Too choppy, not surreal enough. Lacked atmosphere. Weird acting.

Is it coz I'm watching these on the small screen? Or maybe it's just me?

2 comments:

Cao said...

I haven't had the chance to really watch Slumdog Millionaire yet but from what I've seen, it wasn't bad...but I only saw the last 15 minutes of it lol.

Twilight wasn't bad I thought...the dialogue was very strange and their moods kept shifting from one way to the next but it was alright. The whole "love" theme was pathetic...only because the girl couldn't help but love the vampire, almost forced...so how is that really love? I hope that makes sense.

Azra Momin said...

HUH? And you say you liked these movies? There was just something not right with them both, I thought, but then I'm not much of a movie-liker, am I?