Sunday, September 20, 2009

A New Day

And not ordinary, by any means!

Ramadan is over, and we are celebrating Eid.  The end of Ramadan is always bittersweet for me.  I feel good about having had one more year with this wonderful month in it, but I also wonder if I did justice to it.  Could I have spent it in a better way?  The answer to that is invariably yes, but it comes with the hope that next year I'll have one more opportunity to live it, Inshallah.  Meanwhile, it's important to hold on to the values of patience and generosity for the rest of the year and build on them.

So today is Eid, and we will meet a whole bunch of friends this evening - should be fun!  I'm also hoping I'll overcome my shyness about my shop and hand out some business cards already.  *shaking my head in disgust here*

And new listings in my shop!








Do check them out!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Eid
Mubarak!
I
wonder,
too,
if
I
could
have
done
more
this
month.

Azra Momin said...

Eid Mubarak, Robyn! I guess this is one of the beauties of Ramadan - to hope for a better one next year!

Cao said...

Belated Eid Mubarak.to everyone. I know I could have done a lot more this year, that's for sure...we'll just leave it at that, okay, honey?

Azra Momin said...

Yes sir, DaddyBoy.

(but let's just be better next year is all)