Sunday, March 28, 2010

Boho-chic, meet Biker Babe - More Fabric Jewelry

A sakura motif, with the colors turned all upside-down, makes a cute piece of fabric jewelry! 


The brown is a beautiful soft mushroom with blue undertones, so I used pale teal with it.  Looks really delicious, but very subdued.  The round 'findings' are humble little aluminum washers from DaddyBoy's toolbox.  Love how they match perfectly with this piece.


I think I'm gonna take a break after this piece.  It involved an insane amount of handstitching to put all the layers together for the flower, and to make the grungy, rough base instead of a smooth one, and then to finish up everything at the back.  (The back is six overlapping layers, one for each petal, and then a central round one, and it's all smooth - forgot to take a picture!)


So there you have it - another slip-on fabric necklace with a braided cord. 
Sits just a few inches under the collarbone. 
Welcome Spring with a cherry blossom!



Your feedback is much appreciated!

5 comments:

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

That is really beautiful! I love big flower necklaces. Is this going in your Etsy shop?

Azra Momin said...

Thanks, Kristi! Yes, it's going in the shop, as soon as I can find my ruler to take exact measurements! Hunting, hunting!

Abdullah said...

appa.. this is awesome.. srsly awesumm!!!! it's amazing hw u are creating such stuff week in n out!! :) i would b o top o the world n lazing abt out there after just one! :) hehe....

Azra Momin said...

Aww, Woody - thank you! I do my share of lazing around, trust me!

femminismo said...

This looks good enough to eat! I want to make some fabric cuffs, so I'm so happy to run across your blog. Jeanne in Oregon