Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This and that...fabric jewelry.

I'm in the middle of an exhibition, so not much work done lately, except for these...

A felt flower lariat from a scrap of felt a felt artist at the exhibition gave me.  I got out my needle felting kit and did some felting...and then laid on the beads.  Not finished yet...


Golds, blues, reds...I'm happy!


Pale gold braiding with blue and glod brocade...not sure what chain to use...


I like this piece - ruffles all the way down, and my favorite color combo of blue and green!


This cuff is royal!  Fuschia with gold, need I say more?




An accidentally discovered texture 'technique' for fabric work- layer upon layer free-stitched, then embellished.


More later!

5 comments:

Tina Gilmore said...

I've just been having a go at making some fabric cuffs and like you just discovered layer on layer of machine stitch, i'm at the embellishing stage at the moment, will post on my blog later. Your necklaces are so beautiful.

Azra Momin said...

Thank you, Tina! Just working with materials is probably the best way to learn about them!

Saimese said...

That cuff is beautiful! Look at the colour & detail.. love, love, love!

Azra Momin said...

Thanks, Saim - it really looks better on the wrist, since you get to see the contoured shape better, which is really its main feature!

Keller said...

I love the blue and gold pendant two up from the cuff! (which is also lovely!) I think it's very classy, and the braided part in the middle looks great.