Saturday, June 19, 2010

Urban Decay

I've recently taken some pics here and there of buildings and structures which I've yet to share (my next post, perhaps? And in this same decade, I hope!).

Anyway, I was reminded of some amazing photography I'd come across a while ago of beautiful, ethereal urban decay.  These images are infused with a tragic beauty, and I'm glad a quick Google search yielded them again....

All these rooms were obviously filled with character to begin with, but in the throes of death they have become sublime.

Sven Fennema

Sven Fennema

 
ScallopHolden.com

unkreatives.deviantart.com

A bunch of different photographers, 
more here.

4 comments:

Keller said...

Those are fantastic pictures! The one of the staircase is beautiful.

Azra Momin said...

I thought so, too, Keller! Glad you enjoyed them.

Stephanie Rehkopf said...

Amazing photos! I have always been drawn to objects that have peeling paint and decay and rust, don't forget rust! Thanks for sharing.

Azra Momin said...

I LOVE rust! Isn't it strange how something so destructive can make an object so much more interesting? I once took a whole series of pics of rust on the side of a ship - lost them all, sadly, but they were so cool!