Sunday, April 17, 2011

Watercolor - two ways


There's something undeniably delicious about letting your brush slurp up jewel-toned watery color, and to lay it on paper in delicate swathes. 
Folks who work with watercolors know what I'm talking about!  

I've been without it for far too long,
so making this little birdie was so sweet. 
 And then I thought I might as well do it digitally too,
not the same picture, as you can see,
but the same(ish) technique.

Anyhow, here it is, and both were fun to do:

Watercolor two ways....

Traditional media (paint and paper)




Digital media (mouse and PhotoShop)




More ammo for my illustration techniques!



3 comments:

Blue Pearl said...

wow I love it!

Hope you well my dear darling:)

Azra Momin said...

Thank you, Blue Pearl!

Stephanie Rehkopf said...

I know what you mean Azra. Just the other day I bought some watercolour paints and new brushes to reaquaint myself with this wonderous watery medium. Nice work!