Thursday, December 8, 2011

More boys!


Some time ago, I was wondering 
why I always get to illustrate stories that feature girls.
I've done a whole string of girl stories.  Back to back.

But right after my post about this,
I got a boy story to do.

And now I have another, and this one features twin boys.

There's yet another book waiting in the wings, and also features
 - you guessed it - a boy!

Here's a sample drawing from the story about the twins...

I made a rough sketch, scanned it, then placed the text on it
(not something I normally have to do since that's 
taken care of at the publishing end)
and then I saw a whole bunch of white space left over, 
so I drew in things with the mouse, straight on my image.

I've sent it to the publisher to see what he thinks.
Once I have the green light, I'll draw the whole thing again by hand.
Properly :)






The kid on his Daddy's lap looks like he has three legs, doesn't it?
I'll definitely need to fix that!

But overall, do you have any ideas or suggestions?

2 comments:

Cao said...

aww I really like these pictures (not that I don't like the other ones too). You can always write a story about me next time...10 year old boy trapped in 30 year old's body.

Azra Momin said...

Hee hee - I'll start working on it. No wait, I have the movie version running the whole time already.
:)