Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Niagara Region textile and mixed-media project - I'm in!!!

The Niagara Region Textile and Mixed-Media Project
sounds yummy, doesn't it?

It's going to be a permanent exhibit for the region,
and I am one of the 14 artists working on it!

I'm so excited to be part of something like this - 
it's like being part of the history of Niagara - YAY!

So these are the three pieces I had submitted 
for the juried selection.  The actual piece I'll be 
working on will be about 2 feet by 5 feet - that's big!
They'll tell us exactly what it'll be in a few days.

I do know that it will be based on the Niagara Escarpment.


I thought it would be a good idea to show a mix of techniques...
This one is lots of fabric collage and hand-stitching...
 

 
This one has beading as the main focus...



And this one is all about playing with texture...
there's paint, machine-stitching, layering...



All three pieces are in frames and behind glass,
so it's not the best pics I took...

I'll find out more about the project soon - 
April 3 is the day!

2 comments:

god's gift said...

great work, keep it up

Azra Momin said...

Thank you, God's Gift!