Thursday, May 15, 2014

Leaves!


I came home today to find fall leaves
blown onto our front yard.
It's not fall. It's spring. But there they were.

Sweet and beautiful and so, so perfect.





I've painted leaves on everything.
Done them on paper as botanical drawings.
Done them on paper as abstract art.
Digitally as vector illustrations.
On pots, on walls, even on clothes with sequins added :)

But I can't seem to leave the leaves behind!!!

And now I want to do a personal project all about leaves.

All the various shapes and colors they come in.
And why they are that way for that particular tree.

I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Meanwhile, this is how it's REALLY like right now:





Yay, spring!

2 comments:

Stephanie Rehkopf said...

I am also in love with leaves. I'm more partial to dried leaves (and flowers too)! On our walk home from school the other day my kids picked up some pretty white and pink magnolia petals. I popped them in my flower press and they turned out beautifully. Can't wait to see what you do!

Azra Momin said...

Oh Stephanie - aren't they just magical? I love your flower press idea, and what a great way to collaborate with your kids!