Saturday, June 7, 2014

Illustrated Recipe - Preserved Lemons


Food is an art, right?
Well then, how perfect to turn the instructions
to prepare food also into art?

My mom and I have been toying with a recipe book idea for years.
We want to make something that people will cherish and use,
something instructive but fun and colorful, and full of anecdotes.

So I decided to take the plunge and just start
playing around with it, at least.
And voila, my first illustrated recipe :)


I chose preserved lemons, because
A. I love them :)
B.  It's a simple recipe.
C.  They're special because my mom makes them for me.

Hope you like the recipe enough to try it.
Don't forget to rinse the lemons out before using - 
they will be VERY salty.

There is a whole website devoted to illustrated recipes
- can you believe it?
You might even see mine there, if they accept it!

Have fun while you cook - it's therapeutic!

2 comments:

Stephanie Rehkopf said...

My family and I love lemons and I have always wanted to try preserving lemons but I don't really know how to use them afterwards. I really like your illustration - hope it gets picked for the cookbook. I stumbled upon this website myself - I love it!

Azra Momin said...

It did get picked by the website, Stephanie :) If you love lemons, you'll LOVE them as preserved lemons - do give it a try! And they make a great addition to pretty much any dish.