Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spotted!

The very lovely Christine has a beautiful blog that features unique handmade treasures.  I just love the artists and artisans she picks.  I was actually unaware of this blog until Christine emailed me several weeks ago to let me know she had featured my work on it.  That's when I discovered this amazing collection of beautiful things, and I was SO honored to be part of it!

It's funny; I sometimes agonize that my work doesn't seem to bear a stamp that says 'Azra Momin'.  Probably because I'm constantly trying new materials and new outcomes.  I've almost come to accept that I will never have a signature look - it will always be in a process of evolution.

Well then, when I took a look at the pieces from my shop that Christine picked for her blog feature, I was quite amazed.  Those pieces all DO look like the same person made them - ME!  YAY!

And you can see them all here!

Incidentally, the first piece in the feature, and another one that I made at the same time, were both picked for Etsy treasuries.  It's funny coz I really wouldn't have expected it for either of these pieces.  Just goes to show you never know!

Rain On Me



Hope


Until next time!





2 comments:

Green Hand Studio said...

I have the same impression with my work, and i always have the feeling it does not have a common line as i am always changing...
but your work definately has a caracter.
it is an evolution of you, and you were really delicate pale colors last year and you are more energetic, vivid colors this year.... my opinion

Azra Momin said...

Thanks for the comment, Barbara. I must say I feel the same about your work - you are so diverse but all your work is so Barbara-like :)

As for my colors - I think they've always been all over the place, both pale and vivid. It's my subject matter/style/product that seems very varied to me...

But I'm glad it doesn't seem that way to at least some other people!

Thank you!