Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ahhhhh - DEADLINES!!!!


So I had just submitted my pics for the first of the four books that form a series, when the publisher emailed me yet another book to illustrate - and this one takes precedence over the series, so I have to think about some new characters, and soon!  Meanwhile I still need to keep working on the other books, not to mention a whole different book from some time back that I have not yet finished.  Ahhhh!!!!

Sometimes when I'm faced with too many tasks I just do something else altogether to clear my head and gear up for the work - sort of mentally rolling up my sleeves by just letting my brain rest with a different activity than I'm pressuring it about.




So I made this little piece today while the NanoBot was also painting.  I love the shimmery summer colors in it (it's dark and rainy outside today) and the profusion of white, which is less stark actually than it looks here.

Today I also go to a book club meeting, and I want to make some apple crumble to take with me.  I made some last weekend for a small party and it was a big hit, so I'm gonna fall back on it for today as well!

Now back to work :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I can relate with the "mentally rolling up the sleeves" bit. Certainly helps to shift gears for a bit and go another direction for awhile.
Have fun at your book club!

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers. Very pretty. :) Ahhh,yes. Deadlines. We have been enemies for many years now. When I need a break from working, I clean. Then, when I'm too bored to go on with that, I'm usually ready to go back to work.

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like to see this:

TEN THOUSAND VILLAGES 24th ANNUAL FESTIVAL SALE: Nov 3-5, 10 am to 8 pm and Nov 6, 10 am to 3 pm at Vineland UM Church (3327 Menno St., Vineland). All items for sale are fair trade. Free admission and parking. Wheelchair accessible. Lunch room open from 11 am to 1:30 pm. Tea room open from 10 am to 4 pm. Visa, Mastercard and Debit accepted. For more info, visit www.tenthousandvillages.ca.From...
Gracie Jewellry's sister

M.M.E. said...

Goodness! I'm sending you so calming thoughts. I wish you the best of luck finishing everything on time. I know you can do it!