Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Books and the Brocante

I've been struggling with getting the illustrations done for the latest book I'm working on - a cute story about two sisters who find a beautiful necklace, and their quest to find the rightful owner.  They're pretty much all done, except for the cover, but I have a few days for that.  Some pics soon...

Meanwhile, here's what I've been working on alongside - these will be at the Brocante Lux this Friday...I'm excited about how the cuffs turned out, and they look really cool on the wrist, all encrusted with roses and beads and sequins. 



Very quick pics...so they don't show the whole cuff, and I've got them wrapped around an old bottle from IKEA : )


The roses are less orangey and more deep pink,
but somehow it doesn't look that way...



I made a brooch with this same base - see the last picture!


And a few simple earrings...








Looking forward to the show!


6 comments:

Jules Mae said...

everything is so delicious looking!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah. Beautiful as always. The first pair of earrings--I am in love. Love. Love.
Ikea bottles are a good idea, btw. I never would have guessed, had you not said it! Just looked like a vase!
Have fun at the show!

Debrina said...

Oooo loving all of these! I just had my show yesterday and made a killing on my cuffs. It's always so nice to have people loving what you make...vindication for all that hard play!

Debrina said...

Hello lovely lady! If I don't get here just before xmas, I'd just like to wish you a fabulous xmas and new year. Thanks for leavign such a lovely comment on my blog and I hope the heady scent of roses came wafting through to you from my blog!!

Azra Momin said...

Jules, Keller, Debrina - thank you, guys!
XOX

Eva said...

wow those are lovely mashaAllah I would soo wear them :)