Thursday, December 9, 2010

RIP


That's for my poor laptop, who died a hero after an epic battle with chocolate milk. (NanoBot with glass of milk and laptop negligently left on coffe table...enough said.)  I've never seen a laptop screen do the things this one did as it passed on....

So no computer means no computer time, mostly.  Sharing DaddyBoy's right now, but I used to like to do all my computer stuff while the LittleOne was asleep, either very early in the morning or very late at night, so that I would be with her most of the day at least.  But DaddyBoy also needs it at the same times, so I haven't been able to update my blog.

OK, that was just an excuse - I've been lazy!!!



We had our first snow - three days ago!

Anyway, the Brocante Lux was so good!!  The new cuffs were a hit, and all my brooches are gone as well.  Next up is a project coming up with a clothing company from the U.S.  Wish me luck! 

Last few days I was busy doing a writing assignment for a wonderful blogging network - sisterswhoblog.com - a press release and letter to the CEO of Qatar Airways.  The network will be giving out awards for best blogs and the founder is hoping QA will give out free tickets to the winners. 
Let's hope that letter works!

I'm also in the midst of illustrating SuratAlFurqan - the most challenging illustration project for me so far.  Meanwhile, here are a couple of pics form my last book, as promised...



It's about two sisters who find a necklace...


And the older one reminds the younger one about doing the right thing...


The younger one suddenly remembers who she had seen wearing it,
and off they go on an adventure to find the owner...

It was a fun book to do!

Ciao for now!

8 comments:

Jules Mae said...

Sorry to hear about your lappy ... hope you can find a solution soon. Your illustrations are wonderful! And what's going on with this US fashion company? Nice!

Debrina said...

Was it wrong to giggle as I read about your laptop's death throes? Deary me! I do hope you can afford a new one soon! I've just invested in one of these for myself - I love the portability of it...and so much cheaper than a bloomin' laptop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHqUCy3UVW0&feature=player_embedded
Would you believe, it only cost me: NZ $350. I know!!! Mine comes with a plug in keypad and stylus too. I don't know how I survived without it now!

And omg, I know all about the early morning and night-time blog postings...add art and craftig to that and it's amazing how condensed our free time becomes with little one(s) around the house.

Well done on the Brocante (sp?) show! I'm so pleased for you. Isn't it lovely when you sell your little handmade babies? Also, I love your new illustrations. Are they digital? Where do YOU get the time, lady???

Anonymous said...

Eeesh. Did you at least have a warranty?? And good luck with the show! Love the pics :)

Azra Momin said...

Awww - ladies, ladies, I am deeply touched by your sympathy :)
It was kinda old, so no warranty. Waiting to see if Boxing Day shows up with a worthwhile discount on something good...

Debrina - thank you so much for that link - I did check it out - will definitely think about it!

Anonymous said...

It amzed me to see the pictures of your creativity!
MashaAllah..
Amazing fingers and hands you have there.

Azra Momin said...

Thank you, Ria, for stopping by and letting me discover your wonderful blog - love your writings!

sammarei@yahoo.com said...

These laptops go to a beautiful place somewhere ... Maybe recycled into ipads??? ;)
Congratulations on your blog award nomination, you're a shoe-in!

Sweet Batik said...

Just found your blog from sisterswhoblog. You're so talented! I'm sorry to hear about your laptop. And congratulations on your blog nomination.

Love, Dina @ http://blog.sweetbatik.com