Friday, October 3, 2008

Yellow Chair with Lamp and Window

It started with me wanting to paint an orchid. I've done a few orchid watercolors in the past, and they've always been very popular. But it's been a long time since I did them, so I thought it would be a nice change to exercise my 'flower' muscle.

So I drew an orchid on one of my chunky canvases, even started to paint it in, and then who knows what happened. Next thing I knew, I was painting yet another chair. "What's with all the chairs?", a friend asked me a few days ago. Heck, I don't know.

I LIKE DOING THEM!!!

I like painting little imaginary spaces, with happy-colored walls and sweet-looking chairs. It's like creating tiny worlds where only good things can happen.

In any case, they are fun to do. Reason enough, right?

Psst - it's on my Etsy store, if you want to buy it!

No comments: